Saturday, February 12, 2011

Salvadoran Experiment Comes to an End



The Fire anounced this week the departure of Deris Umanzor. Umanzor, together with Julio Martinez, comprised the brace of players that Coach de los Cobos brought over from the El Salvador National Team when he signed with the Fire.

Niether player ever looked comfortable in the league or found a solid role with the team.

"[I learned] a lot of things," De los Cobos said. "I really want to be honest with you. The characteristics of this league are difficult. Not all players can play in this league. It's difficult. For me as a coach, I learned much about the league, and I know things better than my arrival. It helped me make decisions for the next season, bringing some different players with special skills.

"I need to take advantage of this knowledge I have taken from last season."

Let's hope that new Uraguayan import Gaston Puerari was chosen by de los Cobos using that hard won knowledge...

No comments: