Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No Explanations, Just Beginners Good and Bad Luck

My recent splurge in points is a result of taking too much time to decide on my roster and luck. My kids talked me into taking Blanco and his 300 salary at the last moment while some dude on some website convinced me to take the "cheap" defenders that I started. I initially started out dispersing the wealth evenly among my roster which lacked the starpower that generally accumulates big points for an individual. Then I decided to star stud my roster with the focus on scoring and less on defense (dont teach the kids this philosophy) and that worked OK for one week. Gomez, Galindo and Blanco really did a good job for me but I will need to do some major defensive adjustments to stay afloat. I received most of my points from the pretty boys but I would prefer a more even distribution of points which means transactions (and those darn fees) for defense.
Jim's team did a great job but of course he had to make a deal with the devil (NER) to get his points. I cant be too harsh about that because I bought Twellman, his 274 salary and his 100 transfer fee to find out he is out for at least six weeks. Ouch! I could trade his Cadillac salary for a Pinto priced player but once that transaction goes through I will have a Pinto player that cost me a Caddy. Back to the ole drawing board.

No comments: