Monday, March 31, 2008

Fantasy League Kickoff Weekend Yields a Big Lead for "The Jammer"

So Week 1 of the MLS season is over and we have results for our first week of Fantasy Soccer competition: Congratulations to Jason "The Jammer" Jamrowski for jumping out to a quick lead with 25 points! This is good enough to rank as 57th overall nation wide. Well done! Perhaps we can get The Jammer to post and tell us his secret strategy for week one.

It wasn't all roses for the rest of the league, however. Most teams faired poorly in week one, with a couple of upsets and unexpectedly lopsided games wrecking havoc on many teams and managers. In particular, a disastrous showing by L.A., D.C. and Houston cost many of our Fantasy teams points.

For myself, I took a bit of a gamble and bet that the Revs would come out for blood and revenge against a Houston team tired from multiple pre-season competitions. The Revs came through for me and the three players from NE that I had on the field earned big points in that route (including Adam Cristman who scored one). I had benched all my Houston players except for DeRosario. I thought he would still manage a goal. Bad move - DeRosario cost me 4 points when he failed to produce on the field. Scoring for my squad, I had Cristman (NE), Blanco (CHI) and Galindo (CHV). Blanco and Larenowitz (NE) earned me some points in the midfield and Heaps (NE) and Hejduk (CMB) got me a few more on defense.

So, that's the blow by blow for Red Shield FC in week one. I hope my luck holds!!

Remember, the deadline for changes this week is 6:30pm Thursday.

The Fire open this week with their home opener vs the Revs (I will not be playing my three Revs this week!). National Broadcast on ESPN2.

Good Luck Everyone! If you get the chance, post and let us know what strategies worked or didn't work for you this week.

No comments: