Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fantasy League Open for Business!

I've started a fantasy soccer division for Section One Oh Eight members in the Major Fantasy League Soccer (MFLS). There is also an official fantasy league run by the MLS and Fox Soccer. I joined this one, however, for no particular reason other than this one was up and running and the Fox league looked like it might not open until a few days before the first game. Since we're all pretty busy, I didn't think that short enrollment time would work out for us.

Anyway, here are the facts. If you want to participate, go to the MFLS website and create a team. You don't have to worry about which players you pick; you'll have plenty of time to change them around before the start of the season.

Once you have a team, you'll need to enroll in our division. Our division name is "Division One Oh Eight". I've set it up as a private division right now. The password to join the division is - you guessed it - "Fire".

EVERY THING IS FREE!

The MFLS rules say we need to have 20 teams in our division by the 3rd game or they will merge us with another division. So please, pass the word and try to find other soccer minded folks to join our division.

I'm looking forward to this. I figure its going to be a good excuse to watch a lot of games! Plus, I've never played "fantasy" anything!

Finally, like I said, everything is free. However, if enough people are interested, we could kick in $10 a piece (only if your interested) and use it to buy a Blanco jersey for the winner. I'm sure I could get it autographed. Think about it. I'll put a poll on this site and you can chime in!

Now, sign up your team - and convince a friend or two to sign up as well!

GO FIRE!

No comments: