Thursday, March 6, 2008

Team Transactions!!!!

As of March 4th, the Fire have Drafted Defender Brandon Prideaux in MLS Waiver Draft. He was previously with the KC Wizards, D.C. United and the Colorado Rapids. He was waived by Colorado and picked up by the Fire. It appears he has played alot and well, but was hurt in 2006. And he holds a record for the most matches played without scoring (eight years)!

The Fire also waived Midfielder Tim Conway, Defender Jeff Curtin (the other one), Midfielder Floyd Franks, Defender Jordan Russolillo (who?), Defender Osei Telesford.

It looks like there could still be some trading before opening day, but if they continue to thin out the defense, they won't be able to do without Conde!

Go Fire!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Wasn't it Franks who scored that "bloop" over the outstretched arm of Joe Cannon to defeat the Galaxy in the last game of the year and cinch the playoff birth? Or was that John Thorington?

Uh-Oh! I think I've got Franks on my MFLS team!!

fire_fan said...

Franks only scored against Toronto FC last year. P.S. his B-Day is 4/5! You were right with your second guess, it was Thorrington that scored the blooper against LA.

FYI, you can see several of last years goals if you go to the Roster link on the Fire Home Page and select the player you want to inquire about.

Jim said...

I did have franks on my MFLS team, so I've traded him away. I needed to strengthen my bench, anyway...